Menu

RATSSSS! I lost the ebay bid-it went way up

Someone told me that there are computer programs that buyers use to make their bids more competative. Not sure how it works but I know I don't have it. I noticed around the same time as being informed of this advantage (which I do not have) that I was losing *all* of my bids. I mean every one. Which was unusual.

So I gave up on ebay.

I'm sorry you lost yours...if your going to do alot of buying on Ebay you may want to look into this software. It changes your outcome.

It figures, I finally hop on the ebay train and it's already left the station! Well, that's what happens when you hit a trend seven years or more after it

starts! :glare:

I'm really glad to know that, but sorry that it's not an even playing field anymore on ebay. It would be rare that I bid anyway-this was a special case where the item ceased manufacture in 2004! Thanks!

You don't have to get software, you can use a service called esnipe. You enter in your highest bid and the program swoops in at the last 30 seconds of the auction and bids for you up to your highest bid. That way you often outbid others and at a much lower amount. I used to lose a lot of auctions in the last seconds (and I was really ticked) until I discovered esnipe. Now I'm one of those annoying people that I used to cuss at.

DH and I have been known to snipe auctions. We haven't used any programs though, so thanks!!! We just sit and watch with 2 screens open. One has our high bid in it, and all we have to do is hit submit. The other we refresh every 10-20 seconds (2-5 when we get down too the last minute) and then when the auction has about 10 seconds left, we hit submit bid on the other screen.

I'll have to look into these other programs ;). Right now I"m looking for an affordable pair of orange shoes that are NOT crocs for our 4 yr old for Christmas. It's her favorite color.