Menu

Shurley Grammar*SWB's grammar CD*Essentials/EEL/Classical Conversations

SonshineLearner

Hi There,

I'm wanting to know if anyone has comparisons of the definitions of on the cd that you can purchase from WTM, Shurley Grammar's Definition and maybe how they work/don't work with the definition that Leigh Bortins uses in her EEL curriculum. I'd love it if the definitions in EEL coincide with either Shurley Grammar or the WTM's. Since I don't have anything except for EEL, I can't compare...Has anyone already done the work for me? :-)

Carrie:-)

The definitions are similar, but not the same. Shurley is the closest to Essentials, but I still stumble in class after teaching Essentials for two years because we used Shurley for several years and Jessie Wise's First Language Lessons (SWB's mom) before that.

Here's an example.

Shurley Adverb: An adverb modifies a verb, adjective, or another adverb. An adverb asks How? When? Where? Why? Under what condition? and To what degree?

CC Adverb (use the Foundations one as primary):ADVERBS tell how, when, where, and to what extent.