Menu

Konos HOW

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I don't know it you are still interested in hearing from HOW users but I just saw the post, and thought I'd reply. We used HOW IV with one DD. She loved it. We looked through the options for each unit and let her choose books, videos, projects, and any other item of interest. Her only difficulty was limiting her plans. She really wallowed in early to mid 1900's. It took some prodding to move her on to finish the course. She did develop a passion for the art, music, and culture of that time period in particular.

She still talks about that year of homeschooling and remembers it fondly. She did expand her study outside the US to include Europe with France as a particular focus to see if events/movements in America had parallels in Europe. She refused to spend a great deal of time on the ins and outs of war/battles. The motivations, affects on populations, and the repercussions of the wars on actual people did fascinate her and resulted in adding another book shelf to her room. All her cultural study did pay of in her first job after college. She was a docent at a small military museum. She was the tour guide for students and families. They loved how she made the soldiers' lives feel real and relatable. 

Did you ever use HOW? 

Michelle in AZ