Menu

Anyone have experience with Night Zookeeper?

MeaganS

I'm considering trying this with my older 3 (11yo-7yo). They love online programs like Adventure Academy and Prodigy or Reflex math. I'm wondering if this would be fun as a supplement or maybe a fun semester break from our regular writing. Does anyone have experience with it? It looks like you can get 3 kids per account, so the price isn't too bad for a year.

https://www.nightzookeeper.com/

Edited by MeaganS

We've had it for about a month (for my 11 yr. old). I found a discount code on a FB ad. We haven't fully explored it yet, but I like what I've seen. DD *really* liked it at first but has sort of fizzled out. She said she'd like it better if I didn't make it a part of school...but she didn't use it on her own, so idk.  I think it'd be super fun for kids who don't otherwise get much screen time. (Left to her own choosing, DD will always choose her digital drawing programs over this.)

Aesthetically, it's very well done. Maybe not 100% intuitive to use (DD's is sometimes not sure about her choices between doing lessons or games/etc) but she does use it independently. 

So I signed up for it yesterday with the free one week trial. I got the discount off Facebook as well and for my 3 girls it will be $70 total for a year if we keep it. Not cheap but not exhorbitant either. 

So far they love it. They did it in their free time and it seems well-thought out. I plan on having it be a free-time thing except days when for whatever reason we don't get to table work (meaning they don't do other writing/grammar/spelling), then it will be part of school. 

I'm interested in longevity, so I'll be a guinea pig and let you guys know. I'll probably pay for the year. 

For what it's worth, all of my girls have been doing typing practice for a long time and average at least 25 wpm each, so that may effect their enjoyment vs a kid who struggles more to type. They also enjoy typing their own stories on the computer in their free time, usually Pokemon-related fanfiction. So they are all inclined to enjoy this type of creative writing exercises to begin with. 

Edited by MeaganS