Menu

From CLE 5 to MUS?

KeriJ

How possible is this?  I am a long term CLE user, and have quite a bit of experience with MUS also.  So I am very familiar with the differences of scope and sequence etc.  I just want to know if it's possible to go from CLE 5 into Epsilon?  DS 11 used CLE 1-3, then we took a brief trip through MUS Delta.  He loved it!  I panicked over the unconventional way of teaching long division and quickly switched him back to CLE.  He is finishing level 5 now.  I keep remembering how much he enjoyed MUS.  

Using Gamma or Delta to catch up would not be an option for me.  But does anyone have specific experience with entering at the Epsilon level?

ETA: other children in our family have used MUS Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and Geometry, so I am also familiar with where MUS is heading in the later years.

Edited by KeriJ

I haven't done this, but I use both programs (with different kids) so I'm familiar with both. I don't see any problem with making the switch right now. MUS will review the earlier concepts in the D-F pages, but none of that should be new to your ds after CLE 5. If anything Delta might be on the easy side at this point. It is still probably a good place to start, though. I think jumping into Zeta would be too much.