Menu

Can anyone give a review of the Groovy Kids online classes?

Melissa B

My daughter took the Fantastic Beasts class and really enjoyed it. It packed a lot of information in and it was very project based. You only were graded on what you submitted for the most part - the quizzes my daughter said were a little tough but she still got a very high grade. It wasn't really about the grade for us. 

The course work, since it was covering both Language Arts and science, did take about 1.5-2 hours per day. My daughter loved the creative writing assignments and enjoyed the challenge missions. 

We thought about the Disappearing Spoon, but she wasn't as excited about chemistry and she wasn't as excited about essay writing as opposed to creative writing! So we didn't do that one. 

I wish I would have done one for her sixth grade as well. Now she is a rising eighth grader and will be taking a high school level full year science class, so there's no more room really to take another one.

if you are looking for anything else, I've heard Sparkers is very well done as well. 

I have seen a review from Courtney Ostaff, a teacher from WTMA, whose daughter was in one of the classes and loved it. I think I saw the review on one of the old FB posts from Groovy Kids? But I can't remember how I heard about them in the first place! They were just suddenly on my radar. 🙂 

• Like 1