Menu

Berean Builders Science

countrymum

You can use them in any order, but it makes more sense to start from Ancient IMO. This series would be hard to correlate to your time period because as you move closer to modern times, you will have multiple volumes to cover in a year to make your history cycle because of the sheer amount of discoveries that are covered. I really liked how it helps kids make the connection how this discovery led to that discovery and that led to this scientist being inspired to do this. When kids study science, it is often divorced from historical context and culture and it just is taught as this is what we know but very little about how we know it and maybe some of the mistakes that were made along the way. This was also really useful to me to show that in science how we can and should be willing to experiment, theorize, and make mistakes as we try to answer questions. Also, it was great for kids to see science is not a field of study done in isolation. It is collaborative and important to engage with what others are doing as well as it improves our own work. I found it really educational for me as well to teach this series at our co-op. 

Not sure if that is the exact answer you are looking for.

This is what Dr. Wile says about trying to do this chronologically. 

http://blog.drwile.com/science-and-history-synchronized-sort-of/