Menu

WP Children Around the World

Nam2001

39 minutes ago, parent said:

I have it, but haven't used it yet.  It looks amazing.  I plan to use it for either 5th or 6th (but my daughter is young for her grade), or maybe spread it out over 2 years.  I will likely just be supplementing with it something like 1 or 2 days a week, depending on how long it takes since I have so many other things I want to do.  I think most of the books look interesting for a 6th grader.  Did you look at the book list?   I like that it shows some of the plights of children around the world, so I think that is actually a good age, when kids are becoming self focused, to bring awareness to others.  I think the books would be good for your child's age.  I will probably skip many activities, and we are not big on journaling.  I will probably focus on reading and maps, and maybe some recipes... depends.  I haven't looked in depth at activities, but that is likely where I will skip content, and likely where you would find things that are young for your child.

Thanks! This is great info! But I’m not sure why I can’t a booklist other than the main resources. Will you link it? 

5 minutes ago, parent said:

What an awful website!  I can't find a booklist either.  I found this:  https://winterpromise.com/themed-programs/children-around-world-theme-introduction/#tab-id-4   .  Some books are listed there, but I know we have more.  I bought the set second-hand, and I do not see some of the books that I received with the set, specifically an interesting book about living among lions in Africa.  I'll get out my set and take a look.

Oh, found this!  https://www.thecurriculumchoice.com/winter-promise-children-around-world/    Pics of books are shown.  I see Listening For Lions, and that may be the one I was recalling.

Google it.  There are many blog reviews that show pics of included books.

Thanks!!