Menu

Any Wendell Berry fans here?

I am just in awe of his ability to help me see how wonderful an ordinary life is. His writing is beautiful.

I'm just finishing up Hannah Coulter and I've read Jayber Crow. What's your favorite and why?

If you've never read any of his books, I have a review on my blog http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com/2008/08/09/book-review-jayber-crow-by-wendell-berry/

I have never been much of a reader of nonfiction (:blushing:) for pleasure, but I can imagine that I would enjoy his. I might have to find a copy of the book you suggested. I have been thinking about how I would like to add his novels to our book list for freshman composition at the CC where I teach.

I am just in awe of his ability to help me see how wonderful an ordinary life is. His writing is beautiful.

I'm just finishing up Hannah Coulter and I've read Jayber Crow. What's your favorite and why?

If you've never read any of his books, I have a review on my blog http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com/2008/08/09/book-review-jayber-crow-by-wendell-berry/

Jayber Crow is one of the best books I've ever read. I think I left a comment on your blog about it ;)

So glad to find other fans of this awesome writer!

Classical Cajun--thanks for stopping by my blog before!:tongue_smilie:

One would think I would remember to do something simple like underline the titles of the books in my posts, huh? I just now noticed that the response box has this as an option. :confused::tongue_smilie:

I fell in love with Wendell Berry 'round about ten years ago and I'm still enamoured of him. His non-fiction is invaluable. Sex, Economy, Freedom and Community (mentioned already by Sarah) should be required reading by, well, everyone.;) His fiction is moving. I just finished re-reading Hannah Coulter and enjoyed it as much the second time around as the first. His slim book of short stories, Fidelity, has a special place in my heart. I'm told his poetry is worthy, too, but I am less familiar with that aspect of his work. I subscribe to just one magazine, Orion, and originally discovered it via Berry, one of the contributing editors. I do believe meeting Wendell Berry in person would be a highlight of my adult life.