Menu

Question about ISO posts on a Marketplace FB page

Janeway

I am wondering something about ISO posts on a marketplace FB page. I am in a page for children's clothes. Someone posted a request for dresses in one particular size. The responses poured in and very quickly, there were many responses, as in 30, and then 40 and so on. I did not count, I am just guesstimating.  I saw the original poster posting "pass" to many of them and then finally posted "sold!" and then her email address to one. A couple more had "pass" on them and then no more were responded to. Further down from where the OP left off was a dress I thought was cute and I asked to buy it and put my email address there. I checked an hour later and the seller had not responded yet. Now, it has been maybe another hour and the seller has not answered yet, which is fine, I don't expect to be answered right away, but the OP posted "pass" after my post asking to buy it.

So my question is, when there is an ISO, does the OP get first buy on every single thing, even when the post goes this long? I thought it was odd that when I said I would buy it, she still posted "pass." I could understand if only one or two people answered or if the OP was requesting something specific and that was it. But it was actually a post for dresses and the OP gave a size range of two sizes. I think maybe the first few are reasonable for others to sit back and let OP to have first grabs at, but once the thread took off for this long and OP was passing on most things, it would seem to make sense that by then, OP does not automatically get first chance at everything. But I could be wrong. Would like to hear other's opinions.