Menu

Limited view seating at Hamilton?

mommyoffive

We got these! b/c I was not willing to pay much over $150. Friends who'd had these seats said they were fine. It's true we couldn't see about 10% of the stage (the far back right-hand corner, as we were sitting on the right front). Before we bought the tickets I looked at photos taken from the actual seats that people post on various websites of their seat views – very handy. You could see if you can find such site for the venue you're considering, and then make your own decision. There is so much going on simultaneously on stage at any given time that we didn't miss the far back corner's action. And any solos are going to be (mostly) front and center, sometimes back and center. And of course you can hear all the music and singing.

But I agree with Seasider, too – my husband felt like he needed to see it again so that he could see the action as a whole and not miss anything. In that case the partial-view seats would be a false economy!

I will put in a small plug for the London show (I know not everyone is fortunate enough to travel there easily, but my husband had a business trip to the UK last month & we had enough miles for a ticket for me). Tickets are a lot cheaper and the performers are fantastic, especially their Hamilton (he is only 25 years old) and the king.

Edited by Laura in CA
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Laura in CA said:

We got these! b/c I was not willing to pay much over $150. Friends who'd had these seats said they were fine. It's true we couldn't see about 10% of the stage (the far back right-hand corner, as we were sitting on the right front). Before we bought the tickets I looked at photos taken from the actual seats that people post on various websites of their seat views – very handy. You could see if you can find such site for the venue you're considering, and then make your own decision. There is so much going on simultaneously on stage at any given time that we didn't miss the far back corner's action. And any solos are going to be (mostly) front and center, sometimes back and center. And of course you can hear all the music and singing.

But I agree with Seasider, too – my husband felt like he needed to see it again so that he could see the action as a whole and not miss anything. In that case the partial-view seats would be a false economy!

I will put in a small plug for the London show (I know not everyone is fortunate enough to travel there easily, but my husband had a business trip to the UK last month & we had enough miles for a ticket for me). Tickets are a lot cheaper and the performers are fantastic, especially their Hamilton (he is only 25 years old) and the king.

Oh.  Now you got me thinking of just heading to London.  But of course I am driving distance to a show.  

I had no idea about the websites posting pictures.  I will have to go and look.  I know I had a friend who just 2 days ago went and saw it with these kind of pictures.  I will have to wait and talk to them. 

15 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh.  Now you got me thinking of just heading to London.  But of course I am driving distance to a show.  

I had no idea about the websites posting pictures.  I will have to go and look.  I know I had a friend who just 2 days ago went and saw it with these kind of pictures.  I will have to wait and talk to them. 

Here is one of the seat-view sites for the SF venue, with photos from many of the seats. It reassured us that our cheap seats would be fine.

And here is my favorite site for London shows, including Hamilton – tons of information to wade through, about pretty much every single seat.

Enjoy! it's a fantastic show, and I'm fortunate to have seen it twice in SF (also within driving distance) and once in London – but each time our seats were ~$150. I just can't see paying any more than that for anything that lasts only a few hours, no matter how wonderful. I know people who've paid way more for tickets to concerts for pop stars and I don't know how they do it.

9 hours ago, Laura in CA said:

Here is one of the seat-view sites for the SF venue, with photos from many of the seats. It reassured us that our cheap seats would be fine.

And here is my favorite site for London shows, including Hamilton – tons of information to wade through, about pretty much every single seat.

Enjoy! it's a fantastic show, and I'm fortunate to have seen it twice in SF (also within driving distance) and once in London – but each time our seats were ~$150. I just can't see paying any more than that for anything that lasts only a few hours, no matter how wonderful. I know people who've paid way more for tickets to concerts for pop stars and I don't know how they do it.

I see good view seats in the orchestra section for $92 and limited view in the orchestra section for $62

• Like 1