Menu

Compare & Contrast FLL w/WWE and R&S

iamrachelle

I am starting to look ahead to what I will use next year . . . I am using R & S 3 this year and like it a lot. I still feel like we're missing some important writing elements though. I will be homeschooling my DS next year too . . . so will have a 4th grader and 1st grader. I'm considering FLL w/WWE instead of

R & S. I'm assuming that book 4 will be out by then and I'm pretty sure this will be our last opportunity to use it with my DD. I'm hoping someone will be able to offer me their insight into the two curriculums. Any pros or cons with each? Will R & S 1 and 4 be easier to implement than FLL 1 & 4 with WWE? If I stick with R & S do you have any suggestions to how I can incorporate more writing into our week? Thanks in advance!

Using R&S 3 as is and WWE for history and science writing. I only have the textbook, so on the example weeks (I think there are 5), we do those as written. For the other weeks, I follow the example only using my science or history topics.

R&S 4 does have more writing than 3 does, so you may find you enjoy it more, but I still believe it should be supplemented with science and history writing, maybe even some narrations or summaries from literature.

I have not used FLL so I can't speak to that.

Julie

I love FLL levels 1 and 2. However, I don't much care for FLL level 3. I did buy and look at the workbook for WWE 1 and the text itself as well. I think it's nice, but disjointed, IMO, if your not reading the books that the text comes from in the workbook. (I realize that we can use our own, but I just don't have time)

So I am using Rod and Staff for grades 3 + and adding dictation, written summaries and outlining from history and science.