Menu

Nima Peanut Allergen Tester

Legomom

That is pretty interesting. In theory, I love it. But I'd have to think long and hard before spending $6 every time I ate a cookie (or whatever) out of my own house. Could be worth it if traveling somewhere there was a language barrier and unfamiliar foods/people unfamiliar with allergies.  I also wonder--if one small stray peanut piece ended up in a cookie, and you tested a corner of the cookie that did not actually contain the nut, does the protein/whatever, actually spread enough to pick that up? 

I saw it at the Gluten Free and Allergy expo last spring. The make one that tests  for gluten. I don't know how well it really works as my DS doesn't have Celiacs and can tolerate some contamination. The company stands to lose a lot of money in lawsuits should someone get really sick after testing with one of those after getting a false negative result which leads me to believe it should have been tested extensively before release.