Menu

UC Scout Classes

who has taken any of these?

what is your experience?

we are seeing a world/euro history option for next year. does not necessarily need to be a-g approved, and may or may not culminate in an ap test at year's end. but we need something not homegrown, as otherwise my son will blessedly forget to do it. so outsourced responsbility becomes an important factor.

anyone with uc scout experience in any subject? how do the classes work? are they worth it?

Edited by mirabillis
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, mirabillis said:

who has taken any of these?

what is your experience?

we are seeing a world/euro history option for next year. does not necessarily need to be a-g approved, and may or may not culminate in an ap test at year's end. but we need something not homegrown, as otherwise my son will blessedly forget to do it. so outsourced responsbility becomes an important factor.

anyone with uc scout experience in any subject? how do the classes work? are they worth it?

IMHO UC Scout would be good in this case (I think you are in CA).  Try to procure it through school (maybe a charter) for the Basic $19 per semester (free if CA).  I know DS' B&M had some issues getting it setup with the UC Scout folks. Previously DS and his classmates did the AP Physics teacher led option which was quite easy for the B&M charter to setup. The teacher led option is also cheaper for CA residents and is the easiest way but after paying for 2 semesters the value proposition might be to outsource it elsewhere. The final is proctored via the web using your webcam.