Menu

my schedule for Classical Writing Diogenes (Maxim)

I've made a schedule for Classical Writing's Diogenes Maxim, which I thought I'd share in case it helps anybody.  It is 36 weeks, 4 days/week, with a "week 0" for the preparation work and preface reading, and schedules 1 day for each "lesson" and 5 days for each writing project.  The writing project schedule is: 1 day to plan, 2 days to draft, 1 day for macro edit, and 1 for micro edit.  The macro edit day is pretty light so that gives some wiggle room. 

This schedule moves through the main book in order: it does not follow the Student Guide.  This is after personal experience & board feedback RE how much more easily Classical Writing flows when done this way.

Also: many of the lessons instruct the student to accomplish what she can in 45 minutes of work, so a general schedule of 50 minutes/day of writing (allowing 5 minutes to go over the assignment first and discuss it) is probably a good plan.  In practice, we often need a more than 5 minutes to discuss, and so I cut down on the writing time.

diogenes maxim schedule.pdf

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...