Menu

Prentice Hall Science Explorere

Well....it is July 30th. I'm starting school in a few short weeks, and I not only do not have middle school science planned....I don't even know what book I am going to use to teach science!   I could really use your help!  :)

One of the resources I want to look at is the science explorer series from Prentice Hall.   

Is there any way to see samples of this book before I buy?    And if I do buy, where is the best place to purchase this book?   

Also, what is the difference between these "Science Explorer" books and THESE "Science Explorer" books?   I believe that LIfe Science is just a collection of all of the "life science" titles, correct?   Is there any way to see what titles are collected in the main life science book?

What can I use for labs if I use these books?  Are lab ideas included in the text?  

Labs are included. Most are doable without a lot of extra equipment. 

I bought used on Amazon. The Life Science, Earth Science, etc are a compilation of the smaller books. 

I don't know where to see samples. 

I have really liked the books. 

1 minute ago, freesia said:

Labs are included. Most are doable without a lot of extra equipment. 

I bought used on Amazon. The Life Science, Earth Science, etc are a compilation of the smaller books. 

I don't know where to see samples. 

I have really liked the books. 

Thanks so much!

Did you also buy the student workbook or the teacher book?   I'm not sure if those are needed.  

I did.  I like having the TE bc it makes discussions easier and also checking answers and making sure my child has answered completely.

I did end up buying the workbook bc my oldest is not a detail person and it helped him slow down and helped him know what the essential info was.  I did not have a TE for it though.  My next 2 have not used the workbook.  My youngest was older and I could work more with the others  individually on study skills than with number 1. There are "Reading Skills" exercises as an option at the beginning of each chapter which could be used for this, too.  I do like the workbooks, though, and may use them this year with my third. So, I guess I'd say they were completely optional unless your students isn't doing well on the tests.

I did buy a test bank CD for tests.  I really like this.  However, sometimes I just use the end of the Chapter Assessment that is in the book as an open book assessment.  I also use quizzes from Quizlet for vocabulary study/test.