Menu

Has anyone used Moving with math?

LadyAberlin

I used the Level B program (3rd-4th grades). It was a good program. It runs a little behind other programs, but not far behind. After my dd finished it, she was about halfway through most other 4th grade programs instead of ready to start the 5th grade level. That's fine, so long as you know it from the beginning. Teaching Textbooks generally runs a full grade level behind.

The Daily Math Capsules were nice, but didn't review topics frequently enough for my dd. There were reteaching pages for concepts that were missed (TG told you which reteaching pages to choose from).

The pages had a good amount of problems on them without being overwhelming.

It was very annoying to have to keep flipping back and forth through the TG and to keep switching back and forth between the three student workbooks. It would have been much nicer to have worked through the workbooks sequentially, but the pages weren't arranged that way.

I liked that there was a pre-test/post-test.

I tried MWM when my dd started having a hard time with Singapore 3A. We spent a full schoolyear working through that level and my dd was in tears every day. We spent one schoolyear working through MWM level B. It was a good year, but my dd wanted to try something else afterwards. We tried several different things and ended up going back to Singapore and starting back up with level 4A. She's going to finish 4B in three weeks.