Menu

Discover Bank Savings Account -- any experience?

Suzanne in ABQ

We're thinking of putting some of our savings into a Discover Online Savings Account.  We're drawn to the 1.44% interest rate (compared to the 0.3% we're getting at our bank).  I read about the fees they charge for various things (like wire transfers, more than 6 non-check withdrawals per month), etc, and I don't think that will be a problem.  We will likely just let the money sit there for the most part.  I'm wondering if there are other negatives to Discover Bank.  Does anyone have any experience they like to share?  (hidden rules/fees, customer service, ease of use, etc)

We have 2 Discover On-Line Savings accounts (for about 2 years now) and haven't had any problems.  We don't use them other than to earn interest though.  They just sit there :-).  We also have accounts (CD's) with Synchrony Bank On-Line and have had never had trouble there either.  Our everyday accounts are all local.

We are happy Discover On-line Savings customers as well.  Since we also have a Discover Card, it is easy to keep up with it online.  And yes, like the PP, we do not use it for a lot of activity, but our ds uses it actively without a problem.    Ally.com has similar interest rates for online savings.