Menu

Biology Suggested Source Reading - Natural History: General and Particular

Has anyone assigned or read Natural History: General and Particular by Georges Louis Leclerc comte de Buffon?  This is on the list of suggested source readings in TWTM 4th edition for the  high school Biology year but I can't find a a copy to purchase.  There seem to be several volumes and I would only need those that cover life science. I'm having a hard time finding out which volumes cover life science.  There is a volume 2 Kindle version on Amazon that looks like it might be the right one but it's hard to tell how readable it is and I'm not super confident it's the correct one.  Also, I would prefer a hard copy over a digital version.  Thank you.

Does SWB not suggest an edition? 

It is available online (google books, among other places) but really the organization is hard to parse.  I hate to send a person to Wikipedia for the answer, but Britannica was not nearly so helpful: this Wikipedia page outlines the titles of the series, and might help. 

I think your best bet for acquiring a copy would be through a library system, particularly if you can get access to a (state) university or college library.  If you start now you could line the permissions up for next year, maybe.