Menu

No bake peanut butter balls

umsami

When I was a kid in the 70s, my friend's Mom used to let us make these peanut butter balls.  I can't really remember the exact ingredients but I think it involved peanut butter, powdered milk, sugar? maybe confectioner's or another sweetener? and corn flakes on the outside.

Ring any bells?  My kids tried the Skippy PB Bites and really liked them, so I was wondering if these would taste similar.  It's been so long, I don't remember how they tasted.

My recipe is:

1 melted stick of butter mixed with 1C of peanut butter.  Mix in a box of confectioners sugar.  Add a tablespoon of vanilla.  Mix well, roll into balls and chill.  I dip mine in chocolate, but they are good without the chocolate, too.  We have them at Christmas.  ? 

• Like 1

Oh yes, they were a children's church staple back in the day - activity and snack rolled up in one! I went on a trip down nostalgia lane a few years ago and found the recipe. I made it a couple of times -- I liked it but didn't remember it being sooo sweet. My kids weren't as enthralled. Anyway,

Peanut Butter Balls

Mix together 1C peanut butter, 1C honey and 2 C powdered milk. Roll into balls and then roll into crushed cornflakes.

The other one that I remember involved orange juice (concentrate?) and vanilla wafers... I haven't found that one yet.

• Like 1