Menu

Moving to UK, anyone else done this with children?

Hi all. I am going to be moving to the UK for work soon for work, as I have been offered a job within my company there paying much better money than what I'm on now! I was wondering if anyone else has done a significant move with children and has any advice for me. I have school and most things sorted, it's just them I'm worrying about. Has anyone else done a move like this and has some tips to get through it easier? We will be moving from the Netherlands to the UK and going by plane rather than driving. Hope to hear from someone soon :)

We moved to the UK when my kids were 7 and 9.  When are you moving?  If they are in school the summer term is the sneaky popular way home ed people introduce their kids to formal or new schools because it is so laid back most places.  We had English Heritage passes and made a huge effort to investigate the new country with the kids.  Lots of fun field trips for all.  We also took them to as many of the meetings involved with the move as possible,  council tax to tv licenses so they could feel part of the process.

Feel free to pm me.