Menu

BYL early grades, I need reviews please!

Runningmom80

I have always pieced everything together, and in doing that we have had a very scattered and sometimes frazzled school year. I'm starting to feel a bit of burn out, and also trying to get prerequisites done for grad school, so I'm contemplating getting year 3 for my twins.  I'm definitely doing year 8 with my oldest if that matters at all. 

So tell me if you love it, hate it, indifferent, other.

(They are having a sale so I am trying to make up my mind!) 

I haven't used Level 3, but I did use Level 2 back when my kids were in 3rd and 1st. Honestly, that's one of our best years to date. It was so easy to follow and easy to plan out your week, the books are lovely, there's not a ton of busywork to weigh you down, and we were always done before lunch with loads of time to do whatever else in the afternoon. 

I'll be using Level 8 with my older this upcoming year and we're super excited about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok...so I have not used BYL, but I love the look of it and I love the book selections.  I have almost 8th grade twins so I get the twins part of it - LOL.  If I didn't already have other stuff to use, I would totally try BYL 8 for my guys next year.  If I had seen this program when they were younger, I would definitely have used it.

Given your burn out and grad school, I would absolutely give it a try!  It looks like a solid program and nicely laid out for you.

Good luck whatever you decide!

• Like 1