Menu

Killgallon stages

It is a bit tricky to compare (sigh). 

In the middle school books the Sentence Composing book focused on "imitating, combining, and expanding" but makes no mention of things like adjectives, adverbs, phrases, clauses. They are used as unspecified sentence parts. The Middle School Grammar book id's where those technical terms are used. This is the opposite of the setup in the elementary books.

So, comparing the TOC of Sentence Composing for Elementary School with the TOC for Grammar for Middle School I would say they are largely similar. GMS includes a few more phrases : absolute, gerund, and infinitive and noun clauses along with the difference between independent and dependent clauses.

Originally I did Killgallon on days we didn't do WWE. Later I did Killgallon, on days we didn't do our grammar program. The Middle School Grammar book was a nice reinforcement for our grammar program and used the Sentence parts in more complex sentences than our grammar program did - mostly because Killgallon doesn't worry about diagramming!

• Thanks 1