Menu

Grammar for the WTM - multiple levels simultanteously?

Hobbes

I haven't been able to find many threads about this even with the google search, so...

Has anyone been doing GFTWTM (is that the abbreviation we're using?) with students in different levels at the same time? As in, you read the instructor text once and they each work in their workbooks of different levels? It seems possible when I read the description, but is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

I don't do heavy grammar every year. We've done some FLL and this year we are doing a lot of diagramming and discussion in morning time, drawn from CLE's extra diagramming resources. Looking ahead, I'm wondering about officially hitting grammar again by using GFTWTM in a year or two with gr. 5 & 6 or 6 & 7at the same time, just different workbooks. That would help with the instructor-time issue... thoughts?

My understanding is that the different workbooks are not different levels, only different content. So you can definitely do that, or have all students work in the same colour workbook regardless of whether it's their first workbook or their third.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kiara.I said:

My understanding is that the different workbooks are not different levels, only different content. So you can definitely do that, or have all students work in the same colour workbook regardless of whether it's their first workbook or their third.

So I might have this wrong in my mind - the books don't get increasingly more difficult?

ETA: just went back to look - hadn't been on the page since they changed from levels to colors. Question answered! I really like the idea of being able to use different workbooks as needed and double up the students during just one instruction time (vs. running multiple levels of FLL!). 

9 hours ago, blondeviolin said:

We've done most of the purple level. The other levels aren't out yet (I don't believe).

I don't think they are. I was just thinking of a couple of years from now - I'm doing grammar all together now and thinking through my plan to get from here to there in the next year or two.