Menu

Reviews on Open Tent Academy Writing Classes?X-Post

CAtoVA

I am considering enrolling my rising 5th grader DD in an Open Tent's IEW writing class next year. My DD currently is working with me on SWI A w/DVD's and a mixture of theme books. 

I am particularly interested in knowing if Open Tent offers anything really unique and special that my DD would not get already from using IEW's DVD's (with Andrew teaching) or the books. I also am interested in knowing about the the amount of work expected.Thanks!

It's uses on the high school forum. I don't have any experience but from what I've read their classes are pretty tough.

You may be mixing it up with Blue Tent, which has a reputation for being a very large workload. I don't have personal experience, but I haven't heard that so much with Open Tent.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. I do have this question on the high school board and have received some great responses. I posted here too because I was hoping maybe someone had enrolled a student for an elementary or middle school class as I am also considering those for my younger kidlets.

Fwiw, as far as high school classes go I am receiving thumbs up reviews! : )