Menu

FLL2 and WWE1 scheduling

Momof3plus

Hi,

My 7.5 year old 1st grader has just finished FLL1 which we started in August 2017. I’ve just bought FLL2 and WWE1 to start with him. I’ve had a look at WWE1 and honestly I think we could probably do the 4 days of work in one lesson as his penmanship is very good and quick for his age. Do you think this would be okay?

I was thinking of scheduling WWE1 twice a week covering 4 lessons per day. This would then take us approx 18 weeks (although we’d probably take longer with days off here and there and holidays).

Then scheduling FLL 2 twice a week covering 2 lessons per day. This would then take us approx 25 weeks to cover.

Does this sound okay? Has anyone accelerated the pace for their children. My child has had no problem with FLL and memorised every poem within a few lessons with ease and understands and applies the concepts easily.

Thanks xxx

I think you could accelerate WWE, especially level 1. However, I wonder if your child would be better served by going at a slower pace with a higher level. In my experience (and every kid is different of course), my oldest enjoys the work when the content is more difficult. For instance, she really didn't look forward to WWE because it wasn't challenging. When we moved on to Writing With Skill (which comes after WWE4) it was just difficult enough to keep her interested. 

I do think FLL can be taught with more than one lesson a day, easily. I rarely teach just one lesson in FLL. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 1

Thanks, that’s good to know.

I had thought about skipping WWE1 but I think my sons narrating skills need some time to improve. He’s still re-telling the passage to me rather than concisely narrating it. He has improved recently with his SOTW narrations but he still needs more time I feel.

Thank you for your reply.

Xx