Menu

The Potter School TPS Contemporary Music Harmony or College Music Theory

Hi, 

Has anyone taken either of these course offerings at THE POTTER SCHOOL TPS? The instructor is David Hammer.

Contemporary Music Harmony

TPS College Music Theory

I would love some feedback on either of these courses. Please feel free to PM if you don't want to post publicly. They seem like great offerings!?

Thank you for the help!

• 1 month later...

My children have taken several PS courses, and it has been a good experience for them.  This year, my two oldest are taking 4 courses each through PS, and I think the courses are academically rigorous.  Last year, I looked at the College Music Theory class, but I was concerned about the level of complexity of the course content.  If your child is very academic, it might be a nice fit.  I did send the scope and sequence to someone who had a minor in music at a state university, and she told me that the course content seemed like graduate college level work.  Since my daughter will not likely major in music, and the music course would probably take a lot of her time, I decided  she should focus her energies on other core courses.