Menu

Flylady support thread for Thursday, February 1...

3 ladybugs

Hello Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/ and here

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 - Living room (January 28 - 31), Zone 1 - Entrance, Front Porch, Dining room (February 1-4)

Thursday - Errand Day!

Thursday at FlyLady is Errand Day. We use this day to get out and run whatever errands we need to do for the week. Make a list of wherever you need to go and whatever you need to do during the day today and then get to it. This can include:

• Grocery shopping

• Doctor appointments

• Dentist appointments

• School shopping

• Dropping the clothes off at the cleaner

And tons of other things. If it needs to be done outside the house, today is the day to do it. Make a list of these things and check them off as you do them.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today lets dust the base boards in the entrance and dining room. So, Grab your duster or damp rag and set your timer for 15 minutes. I bet all of you can get this mission done before the timer goes off.

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): We are going to go into our rooms or the area in the house where we keep our crayons, markers, coloring books and craft supplies.

Set a timer for 15 minutes and go through this items. Toss out the items that you no longer use, love, need or want. If you have things that you no longer want but are good enough to bless someone else with put those items in a separate bag and give to Mom. Throw away the dried up markers, small broken crayons - anything that is no longer usable that is taking up space.

Remember: Less stuff to clean and put away means more time to play!  

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Good Morning! 

Today my goals are:

• bring in trash/recycling cans (ODS)
  • Wash laundry
  • Dry laundry
  • put away laundry (whites) DH did this last night. :)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • lunch
  • snacks
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • prepare for next day
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • refill berkey
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • ODS school
  • YDS school
  • Costco trip

Hopefully it will not be that bad of a day today. :)

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Zone cleaning is done.

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Clean laundry machines

--Hall bathroom tidy

--Sweep foyer steps and downstairs hall

--Have ds wash his bedding

Extra:

--Volunteer at thrift store for 2 hours

Dinner: Pesto turkey burgers, Lemony roasted carrots

Edited by Night Elf

I didn't realize zones changed today. I'll do the entrance because it's easy. I can't do much more today.

I still haven't started that load of laundry from my morning routine. I need to do that.

Zone cleaning: Entrance:

--Clean cobwebs

--Dust window sills and front door

--Dust baseboards

--Wipe banisters

--Clean windows

It sounds like a lot but it's a very small area. It's a split level home so it's walking onto a landing with steps going up and some going down. There are two vertical windows on either side of the front door. There really aren't sills. I run a wet rag over the door but no one ever uses that door so it doesn't get dirty.

Ok. I need to do a few things then get on the treadmill. I told my doctor I'd try for 15 minutes when my anxiety was high to see if the exertion brings it down.

Edited by Night Elf

Found out how to get the motivation to get several hot spots clean. I got a call for a placement. That will do it every time! Now lets see if I get the placement. But if not my hot spots are out. ;)

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I did 15 minutes in the zone and 2 hot spots. I consider that good for today. :)

Tonight dinner was picked out by my oldest while he was freezer diving. He picked out cow liver and onions. He is 9. I have an odd one alright. :D

Found out how to get the motivation to get several hot spots clean. I got a call for a placement. That will do it every time! Now lets see if I get the placement. But if not my hot spots are out. ;)

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I did 15 minutes in the zone and 2 hot spots. I consider that good for today. :)

Tonight dinner was picked out by my oldest while he was freezer diving. He picked out cow liver and onions. He is 9. I have an odd one alright. :D

When do you learn if you get the placement?

Howdy Fly Friends!  Today was Day 10 - You can do anything for 15 minutes.  I don't really have trash laying around the house, like wrappers, newspapers, empty cans, etc.  I keep that stuff all thrown away right away.  So for 15 minutes I worked in the kitchen / dining room.  Mostly at the coffee station.  It's a round table in a corner of the kitchen where I keep the coffee maker, a selection of coffee mugs, coffees, creamers, etc.  The area is all cleaned up and fresh now.  I did some clearing of the dining room table, too.  

I have a question for you guys.  What do you do with or about your husband's piles of stuff?  Or are your husbands really neat?  Mine isn't a slob.  He has neat piles of books on the coffee table, piles of lists on the dining table, etc.  Just neat piles of stuff that I don't  feel I can put away because he likes everything within reach.  I'm thinking I'll just keep my and the other areas tidy and hopefully he will catch on to how much better it looks.  He always says it's our house and we should live in it and some stuff just needs to be out and available and in easy reach. 

Husband and I walk a mile every day but he has arthritis in one of his knees so I don't get any aerobic benefit from the walk, just fresh air.  I do have an elliptical machine in my office and that's what I use along with some 5 pound weights and stretch bands.  I'm a long way from doing it for 17 minutes.   :-(

My DH is neat, for the most part, but does use the dining room table as a catch-all. I toss junk mail and leave what he needs to attend to. On the weekends, I'll ask if he'll come help me straighten the table. He then finds homes for the stuff just laying around.

Do you need a file cabinet? We have a file box with one file per utility and other bills paid. When we pay something, the stub goes into the file. This is something that piles up. I added this to my Daily cleaning to be done once a week, to file papers.

My DH is cleaner then I am. However he does have his piles. I just get on to him and he clears them... or I put them in a box and then they are cleared. ;) I drag my feet on doing the later with my boys though. Out of sight out of mind with them. That isn't good all the time. :(

I got the placement (infant) so expect me to be on here at weird times. LOL Tomorrow I am not exactly sure what I am doing. However I hope to do my basic chores... even if I need lots and lots of coffee! 

Time to get the new thread up! 

My DH is cleaner then I am. However he does have his piles. I just get on to him and he clears them... or I put them in a box and then they are cleared. ;) I drag my feet on doing the later with my boys though. Out of sight out of mind with them. That isn't good all the time. :(

I got the placement (infant) so expect me to be on here at weird times. LOL Tomorrow I am not exactly sure what I am doing. However I hope to do my basic chores... even if I need lots and lots of coffee! 

Time to get the new thread up! 

Congrats on the placement! I'd love to have a baby in the house again. :)