Menu

How to handle this with Paypal

Teresa in MO

I posted at the beginning of this week about opening a claim against a buyer from Etsy with memory pillows she made for me.  After contacting her one more time, she scheduled a partial refund with Paypal that was supposed to be processed today.  I got an email from Paypal that is was declined by her bank and they would try again in 3 days.  Do I know need to open an official claim with Paypal to make sure I get my money bank.  I thought Paypal was the safest way to pay if you have a problem.  

Yes, I would now open a claim (and escalate it if you didn't pay via CC).  You know that for whatever reason, she's not good for the money.

I had 3 actual separate orders with her.  This was the last order and for some reason I paid for this order with my cc  through Paypal.  I have an actual separate checking account that I keep very little end and transfer money into it to pay through Paypal.  But for this order something was telling me to pay with my cc.  Does this make a difference?

I had 3 actual separate orders with her.  This was the last order and for some reason I paid for this order with my cc  through Paypal.  I have an actual separate checking account that I keep very little end and transfer money into it to pay through Paypal.  But for this order something was telling me to pay with my cc.  Does this make a difference?

It just means that once you file a claim you don't need to escalate it.  If I remember right, transactions that are paid with CC are automatically escalated once you file a claim.  But something is happening where she's not being straightforward with you, so I would just file and let PayPal sort it out.

It just means that once you file a claim you don't need to escalate it.  If I remember right, transactions that are paid with CC are automatically escalated once you file a claim.  But something is happening where she's not being straightforward with you, so I would just file and let PayPal sort it out.

She has lied to me repeatedly the past few months, so I will let Paypal sort it out.