Menu

Anyone use r&s music

lulalu

Yes, and I liked it. I will use it again with my upcoming preschooler when the time comes. I did buy the pitch pipe. I don't know enough about music to try to wing a class on my own, so I did what was laid out. It has been years since I did this, so my memory is vague of exactly what all it entailed. I know we did the grades 1-3. I did pick up the text for grades 4-5 that one of my kids read through on her own. 

I remember making posters that we sang from from the very brief lesson plans. We did the worksheets.  We had the flashcards.

To add to the class we used the What Your X Grader Needs to Know music section each year too. I had a scheduled music class time once a week in our plans. We would start with the R&S music. We would do a lesson from it, practice singing, and then read a small section from WYXGNTK. I picked up library CDs and videos and even books on composers or whatever we were learning about in the book to go along that we would do somewhere in the week as well. 

My kids had other music along the way- at times there were beginner piano lessons and we did at home a learn to play recorder class and occasionally there were music classes at co-op, singing at church in children's choir, etc. But I liked having the R&S as part of our curric. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...