Menu

Flylady support thread for Wednesday, December 27...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

We will start the baby steps again January 1, 2018! So if you are a lurker, find us then!

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 the Living Room. 

Wednesday - Anti-procrastination Day!

Each and every Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day for FlyLady. This is a day that we take care of things we’ve been putting off. You can use this day to take care of any procrastinating you’ve done. You can do things like:

• Make doctors appointments

• Finish that report for work

• Work on a project with your child

• Clean the fish tank

You can do whatever you need to take care. This is the day to stop putting things off.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): It is anti-procrastination day and today we are going after the neglected areas of our living room/family room.  Grab a feather duster or dust rag and go after the tops of door jams, tops of pictures, molding, windows,corners of the ceiling and the tops of your curtains. Now 

Do not get obsessed and start tearing the room apart.  Just look up and dust!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today we are going to go into our rooms and pick up any clothes we have laying around on the floor, our desks, dressers or chairs. If they are clean - put them away, if they are dirty put them in the dirty clothes basket or hamper. If there are too many to take care of all of them in 15 minutes, you can do this tomorrow too as a bonus challenge!  

Holiday Clean Up mission - Today you are to just spend 15 minutes putting away the new Holiday gifts that are still hanging around. If you have the empty boxes and directions to things still hanging around get rid of or put away what you need to save. Set your timer and work fast, then sit back and celebrate what you have done.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Okay I made use of those templates that I got the other day and I finally got them into my travelers notebook. If you want to see what they look like they are here:

If you want to know how they were made, I ran them off on my printer. I used the copier portion of my printer as well. I took scrapbook paper and laminated it for the cover and then I just used a thumb tack and made holes and sewed it together with needle and thread. All told it cost me about $1.50 for the new scrapbook paper as I had everything else on hand... that isn't including the cost of the templates. ;) 

Okay need to catch up on the rest of my stuff that I need to do today. LOL

I have to declare a mental health day today. I do not feel well mentally and have absolutely zero motivation to get up and do anything. I took dd and friend to Walmart but that's going to be my main accomplishment for today. I think I'll order pizza in. I don't even want to cook. DH is working noon to 9:00pm this week and I hate when it's his turn to take this shift. I love him being home with me in the mornings naturally, but I've been waking so early because of the dog that I nap around 9:00 - 10:30am. DH leaves for work at 11:20am. Then at night, he gets home around 9:30, and I'm asleep by 9:45 - 10:00 so we hardly have time together. Ugh.

• Like 2