Menu

battle models/reinactments?

Have any of you tried someone along these lines? I have two boys whom I think would love to have some kind of craft/activity when studying some of the battles we're covering in history, but I'm searching for ideas.. maybe a map glued on cardboard and use pushpins or toy soldiers to set up a model?

Just wondering if anyone has tried something along these lines and has some ideas/suggestions..

tia!

Kate

My dc made a diorama with their toy Roman soldiers. Each child had a part of the scenery to make (road, trees, walls of Rome etc) while I read to them. After they were finished making the scenery and glueing it into the shoebox, they got to place the soldiers and weapons and created a battle scene. They loved it! The battle raged on around here for months, and everyday the "battle" would change. Somebody was always rearranging the men. We used clay to hold the stuff in place, and the soldiers positions were easily changed.

HTH