Menu

San Diego Dual Enrollment

I'm reading up about dual enrollment for an upcoming move and I'm confused.  Can someone explain to me how I can enroll my high schooler in community college for the fall if you register as a private school in October?  I won't have the r4 document from this year because we don't live in CA this year.  How can I do it?  Thanks!

I'm reading up about dual enrollment for an upcoming move and I'm confused.  Can someone explain to me how I can enroll my high schooler in community college for the fall if you register as a private school in October?  I won't have the r4 document from this year because we don't live in CA this year.  How can I do it?  Thanks!

but do you have to show your affidavit or anything? I don't think so. Just go down and enroll her.

but do you have to show your affidavit or anything? I don't think so. Just go down and enroll her.

From the community college application (all in the area have something similar):

• Private School Information

• Regulations (48800 and 76001(a)) require that high school students from private high schools may enroll as special part-time community college students upon petition of the parent.

• Approval for enrollment in college classes will only be accepted from private schools which have filed the proper affidavitwiththeSuperintendentofPublicInstruction. AcopyoftheaffidavitmustbesubmittedalongwiththeSpecial Admission Approval Form for students who have not yet graduated from high school.

• Home-schooled students must provide proof of filing as a private school with the Superintendent of Public Instruction (affidavit)

If you join the San Diego Home Education yahoo group, this topic is discussed extensively which you can read up on in the archived messages. There are a number of different community colleges. Each one has it's own policies to be aware of. Where you live will have a huge impact as to which school you would look into. 

Edited by calbear

If you join the San Diego Home Education yahoo group, this topic is discussed extensively which you can read up on in the archived messages. There are a number of different community colleges. Each one has it's own policies to be aware of. Where you live will have a huge impact as to which school you would look into.

Thank you!