Menu

Transcript- Courses prior to 9th grade

I've finally finished my sons' transcripts by subject. I went back and forth on including a "Prior to 9th grade", high school level classes and finally decided to include them bec. 1) they include two a-g classes that we'll need for UCs, 2) they include a Great Books 1: Ancients class and a Great Books 2: Medieval to Renaissance class, 3) some here have said that, if it's considered "high school level," they include it on the transcript.  (My sons are taking a Great Books 3: Ren to Modern Day class this year, so I wanted to make the sweep from Ancients to Modern clear.)

For the "prior to 9th grade" classes, I list the classes w/ the rest of the classes in the subject category where they'd belong. I have a column for grades and credits for pre-9th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.  I'm thinking I will put down the grades & credits for the pre-9th grade classes, but NOT count them into the cumulative GPA or into the total number of credits.

Also, I've lightly grayed that column so that it's clear that those grades & credits are pre-9th and not included in the GPA/credit count.

Is there any reason to proceed differently?   (The grades won't do anything, positively or negatively, to the cumulative GPA.)

That sounds similar to what I did. Just in case your sons are applying to UCs, UC only counts math and FL pre9th. You probably already knew that.

Thanks, Quark!  Yes, it's the a-g math & FL I want to get on there. Those are also on the transcript from the public charter we were with when we did 7th-9th.

I'm also planning to put the GB courses on. They don't have anything that says "World" hist, but the  GB sweep from ancients-modern might help preclude questions. Would be harder to bring it up later if those courses aren't there from the beginning. May change my mind before hitting submit.

So you just listed the pre-9th courses, with credits & grades, but didn't count the credits toward hig school credits or the grades toward your cumulative GPA?