Menu

SWB, what have you done?! (a funny story)

thessa516

My two middle kids are working through Writing With Skill. Their favorite lessons are the ones turning adjectives into nouns using prepositional phrases. Now everyday conversations include turning all possible adjectives into nouns. We no longer have a power button on our television. It is now referred to as "The Button of Power!" With a zeal known only to pre-teens, your lessons caught on quicker than the dab dance at our house. 

• Like 20

My two middle kids are working through Writing With Skill. Their favorite lessons are the ones turning adjectives into nouns using prepositional phrases. Now everyday conversations include turning all possible adjectives into nouns. We no longer have a power button on our television. It is now referred to as "The Button of Power!" With a zeal known only to pre-teens, your lessons caught on quicker than the dab dance at our house.

Love this! We're creating a generation of little word nerds.
  • Like 3

My dc hated the copia lessons but I might try to revive them through a little play like this. Maybe I can help it stick a little better.

Tread carefully. It doesn't take long for it to catch on and then, before you know it, you hear your kids bellowing about the Button of Power in a style that reminds you of the opening scenes of He-Man "By the Power of Grayskull!" It's all downhill from there: the blanket of fuzziness, the animals of stuffing, the fries of France.  :lol:  It's been immensely fun having a lesson capture their imagination. I wish all their lessons were this fun. 

• Like 5