Menu

Evan Moor daily science users...

vaquitita

I got the Evan Moor daily science student books for my 4th and 1st graders this year... Now I'm looking at the 4th grade book and thinking maybe I should have gotten the teachers book? The electricity section in particular seems to expect either a lot of inference or a lot of previous knowledge.

Is there more info on the teachers book? Looking at the samples online it didn't seem like it, but the samples were skimpy. For an older kid coming into this, would you use it behind grade level?

You could get the TM, but I really don't think it's necessary.  The instruction parts in the TM basically paraphrase key bits from the student pages.  My DS#1 did several sections in the grade 4 workbook last year, one of them being the one on electricity, and he was able to answer all the questions without any instruction from me.  All of the answers are written in the text of the daily worksheets.  You just have to read through it carefully.  The work pages build on each other throughout the week and to a lesser extent from week to week within the same topic.  Each Big Idea seems to stand alone though.  (Disclaimer: I don't own the TM for grade 4.  I just read through it one day while at our school supply store.)