Menu

Abeka Physical Science.... dry or interesting?

After using Apologia two years and BJU one year, we are finding Abeka Physical Science a breath of fresh air. My dd would never say it is interesting, but she isn't complaining either! I find it a little more matter of fact than the others, but for us that is a good thing. We also are enjoying the color text after Apologia and the teacher's guide is very helpful. Some of the labs are quite elaborate, so we just read those and answer the questions. I plan to use Abeka again next year.

#1 used a secular text, #2 & 3 used Apologial Physical Science and #4 is using Abeka Physical Science. Abeka is by far my favorite. We switched because the older kids didn't like the Apologia PS that much and #4 read parts of it and didn't like it. She really likes Abeka and is very enthusiastic about PS. She shares things at the dinner table and the older kids, one of who used Apologial PS last year, don't know what she was talking about. We're going to stick with Abeka. We started using their Biology last year and then switch to Apologia for Chemistry and Hewitt for Physics---not that you asked ;)

. Is this a dull or interesting text?

Probably depends on the Reader.

:)

My son loves this book ....(except for the Protestant messages throughout; we are not Protestant. Those are really annoying to him.)

But as far as the topic content, he really enjoyed it. Doesn't want me to sell it. Wants to keep it to read again for fun, etc.

I thought it was very "magazine like." Color, glossy, to-the-point matter-of-fact.

:seeya: