Menu

CM other literature based specifics for 2nd grade?

I'm feeling like we aren't doing the best route in our educational endeavors. I feel like we're just spinning our wheels. I'm interested to see what a CM education/literature based education looks like for 2nd grade and the results of that type of education from those who've used it and have older children or even graduated children. Thanks.

Also take a look at:

Living Books Curriculum Grade 2

Tanglewood Curriculum Grade 2 (free if you get the books from the library)

The one above is a boxed CM curriculum

The one below you have to provide your own schedule.

You can also check out Winterpromise if themed programs appeal to you.

and

Simply Charlotte Mason's Curriculum Guide.

I also recommend reading an introduction on Charlotte Mason's methods. Here's one with tips on how to go about living out CM's ideas.

If you want to get even more specific per grade and such with literature, I highly recommend borrowing When Children Love to Learn and Teaching Children (Diane Lopez) from the library.

I've looked at Ambleside before and became anxious just looking at it. That was probably 2 years ago, so I probably need to try it again. If you don't mind me asking, how do you "follow" it?

It's easier than it looks. It just takes time to get used to it. I was overwhelmed at first. I have some things on my blog if you want to take a look. We started last year with Year 2. My 7 yo just finished up Year 1 today. Year 1 was nice and easy. I posted our schedule from last year back in July of 07. I don't know if that makes things clearer.

I have to finish up supper but I can give you more information later on how we are following it if you want.