Menu

A teaching text with similar daily style to Daily Grams?

Oldest kiddo is going to use EiW next year. Since she has so little grammar/mechanics experience, I'm planning an additional short review each a.m. (and include youngest DD).

Is there enough teaching info in Daily Grams for this? We would likely discuss each problem, and the girls would do the work (sentence corrections, etc) on a whiteboard. I'm not looking to go deep, just cover punctuation/capitalization/basic grammar.

I think Daily Grams would fit, but maybe not. So...if Daily Grams is not good for this, is there another text with the same short, daily style. I like the mixture of problems each day (which is why I'm not looking at Easy Grammar).

We have used the Daily series from Evan Moor. Quick and easy to do. For some titles, I think the teacher guide is a valuable addition. But for Daily Language Review, you can do fine without it, as long as you know basic grammar yourself. I did appreciate the teacher guide though, as it made correcting work painless.

http://www.evan-moor.com/t/daily-language

I got the digital edition, had the teacher guide on an iPad and printed worksheets for dd. Ymmv.

Btw, we also used Daily Reading and Daily 6 Trait Writing.simple looking, easy to use, but I felt the quality was high, and it fit our needs. There are lots of other Daily titles. The trick is finding what grade level you need. The online samples have a weird format, but give you some decent info.