Menu

Which Easy Grammar?

I want to use Easy Grammar or Daily Grams or the ultimate series with my children, but am not sure which level to place them.

12yo half way through grade 7 - a little grammar previously but I don't think she would remember much of it. She is getting a little grammar through Visual Latin 2.

10yo half way through grade 5 - practically none, a little grammar through Latina Christiana currently.

8yo half way through grade 3 - I have Easy grammar grade 3 already so thinking I will just jump in with that one for her.

I want to use Easy Grammar or Daily Grams or the ultimate series with my children, but am not sure which level to place them. 12yo half way through grade 7 - a little grammar previously but I don't think she would remember much of it. She is getting a little grammar through Visual Latin 2. 10yo half way through grade 5 - practically none, a little grammar through Latina Christiana currently. 8yo half way through grade 3 - I have Easy grammar grade 3 already so thinking I will just jump in with that one for her.

Your 12yo and 10yo can both do Easy Grammar Plus. your 8yo can do the one she has, or none at all, really. :-)

If you don't want to do 3 separate levels, I might go the other way--use Level 3 for your 8 and 10 yo's, and just use plus for the 12 year-old. I used Plus for my kids (who did have some grammar background) when they were 6th and 8th grades, and it worked out pretty well, but I did spend extra time with the 6th grader and let it take 2 years for her. I don't think I'd want to go down to 5th grade (assuming your 10 yo is 5th) with Plus. (Plus is listed as being for 7th-12th grades). 

But you could also order Plus and look at it in person to decide which way to go for your middle one.

EG is a spiral program, so it really won't be a disaster no matter what you choose. If you don't mind doing 3 levels, then I'd just order at grade level for your 10 year-old. Students can jump in to EG at any grade. 

Oh thanks so much! Would EG3 be too below my 12yo?

I tend to think it might be too basic.

So I have decided to use Plus for 12yo, and EG3 for 10yo. Which daily grams should I use for them?

Sounds good. I actually never used the Daily Grams. Since my kids were older when we tried EG, it just didn't fit with what else we needed to do. You might be able to do those just at grade level...I haven't looked that closely, sorry!

Edited by MerryAtHope