Menu

Anyone use Playster for audiobooks?

I've been an Audible member in the past but am currently inactive. I don't really see the point in owning audiobooks when we generally listen to them once. Somehow I came across Playster -- it's a similar service but you get access to their entire catalog and aren't limited to one book a month as with Audible. It's also cheaper - $9.95/month. I'm currently testing it out with a 30-day trial but was wondering if anyone else has used it. Would love some reviews!

I had never heard of it, but have been thinking it'd be nice to have a place other than the library for borrowing audio books.   I can't justify the cost of Audible; I've no interest in owning the books

I just looked at Playster, I couldn't find much information.  I did see that it is $24.95 per month, not $9.95.  Did you have a promo code to get $9.95 or am I missing something?

Edited by marbel

I had never heard of it, but have been thinking it'd be nice to have a place other than the library for borrowing audio books.   I can't justify the cost of Audible; I've no interest in owning the books

I just looked at Playster, I couldn't find much information.  I did see that it is $24.95 per month, not $9.95.  Did you have a promo code to get $9.95 or am I missing something?

$9.95 is just for audiobooks; they also offer books and movies for the full $24.95. 

• Like 1

I'm listening in. I saw this before, but no way to see what sort of books are included. 

If you go to the web site and click on the audiobooks tab, they have different curated categories. They're not especially helpful, so I just started searching books I wanted and found at least 50 that interest me. I'm generally looking at children's literature and they have a decent collection. 

• Like 1