Menu

High school World History that is set up same/similar to All American History ..

BIP says it can be used for high school on their FAQ page, under the "all ages" question, and under the "meaty enough for high school" question.

On this page of the MOH site, it says that level 4 is at a 9th-10th grade level. There's probably more info on both sites, or you could email the author or publisher about making it work--these pages are just what I found on a quick perusal.

I think levels 1 and 2 would be light for high school but could be adaptable--I would consider doing them in one year with some added projects since the readings are so short. Levels 3 and 4 work very well for high school. My son started with a Glencoe textbook in 10th grade, and it was so short on details that I switched him back to MOH--he did 2 and 3 in one year (he spent about 1/3 of the year on MOH 2, and 2/3 on MOH 3). He didn't have another year to play with or I would have stretched MOH 3 out more. 

Here's a blog post on what my son did the year he did MOH 2 and 3 in high school.

And here's what both of my kids did the year they used MOH 4 in high school.

If you're using MOH 1 in high school, there are a lot of deeper projects you can dig into (my kids were 6th and 8th at the time, and we spent a week going through the Egyptian plagues and how they compared to Egyptian deities for example--I did a lot of the leg work since mine were younger, but a high schooler could dig more into some of the research ideas included).

All of the levels have high school level activity suggestions plus mapping etc...

HTH some!