Menu

Do You Need the TM For BJ Handwriting

Homeschooling6

Linda, have you looked online at BJUpress.com and had a look-see inside the TM? Perhaps seeing what is in them will give you a better idea on whether you can live without them. I have NOT used BJU's handwriting, but in all the handwriting programs I have used, the TM has been wasted money on my part. Handwriting is practice, practice, practice...I'm not sure how one needs "teach" it. KWIM?

Like I said though, I have NOT used BJU's program. Hopefully someone who has will post their thoughts for ya.:D

Thanks Melissa for the link.

I looked and what I plan to do is not buy the TM for grades 1-3. All I want to do is teach penmanship, so I think I could do without the TM

4th grade looks interesting because it adds some geography so I think from 4th grade and up I'll start purchasing the TM and teaching the extras that goes with BJ Handwriting.

Blessings,

The one year I used BJU handwriting it did require the teacher's manual as some of the assignments required an answer key. Seems like with BJU the tm's are used quite a bit in all subjects.

What grade did you use? If I'm not planning to do anything extra, only teaching the letter strokes, will I need the TM for 1st, 2nd & 3rd grade.

Thanks!