Menu

Art and TOG Yr 2?

classicHSmom

I just received TOG yr 2 redesigned. It's LG suggested art resource is Learn & Do: Color Adventure. Has anyone used this? Comments? Is this worth buying? I looked through the unit (U2) and it's mainly used to teach theory. Is this correct?

Also, I found that I can download Learn and Do from the author's webpage. Would you do this or spend a few dollars more plus shipping for the "real" book? I like to save money when I can but it has to be worth it.

If you haven't used this, what's your favorite art text or website that includes lots of information on color theory with correlating activities suitable for a LG child? I skimmed through some past "art" posts but most of the suggested books focus on art instruction. Do these books usually include a section/unit/chapter on color theory?

Thank you.

Edited by classicHSmom

I have used this book in the past (http://books.google.com/books?id=aHVRlKpi99MC&dq=teaching+art+to+children&pg=PP1&ots=O5tps390yk&source=in&sig=vT-3OTzpBLqY1IyBhS_HTzXs5OA&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=11&ct=result#PPT9,M1). Near the end of the book, it has suggestions on learning about different artists along with book ideas. They do have a section on color theory. It's very easy and painless. Please note, it is written for a classroom situation, but is easy enough to adapt.

Beth