Menu

How do you wean a toddler?

My dad's girlfriend is a nurse midwife.

She told me that the worldwide average age of weaning was 3 years old.

She also told me to tell pushy people who asked if I was still nursing, "That means I have to nurse my baby until she's 5 to make up for your not nurseing yours at all!"

Miss bossy is doing really well without her "Smackerel".

I think I am going to let Dh take her to his mom's for 4 days. She's have her 10 year old sister for comfort.

Miss Good and I need to clean the house, and make Christmas presents. We can't do that with a bunch of people around who expect to be taken care of.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can talk him into staying for 7 days instead of 4?

I guess I'd better not press my luck.

She also told me to tell pushy people who asked if I was still nursing, "That means I have to nurse my baby until she's 5 to make up for your not nurseing yours at all!"

Oh I love that! I wish I had heard that reply years ago when our neighbor used to look at me with her scrunched up nose as say "You're still doing THAT?".

I was shocked that she viewed nursing as something repulsive and that had to be labeled with a "that". He 23 year old daughter was very open minded and quite shocked that her mother actually said that to me.

Guest janainaz

I nursed both my kids unti they were two. My first ds weaned on his own right before his 2nd b-day. My second one was weaned right after.

Both my kids slept with me and so I just did not allow them to nurse during the day and only let them at night. I slowly stopped letting them do that and it was easy, nothing traumatic. :)