Menu

s/o optimal thyroid test result numbers - worried

IfIOnly

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

FWIW, it took time to get a doctor that had a clue about mine or my mom's thyroid issues.  Even after I was diagnosed it took a long time to find a doctor that actually understood what thyroid issues mean and how to deal with them. In fact, one doctor nearly triggered a thyroid storm when I was pregnant with DD.  My numbers were off and he flippantly doubled my dosage of synthroid because he honestly had no clue what he was doing.  My hair started falling out, I couldn't sleep, my skin felt wrong, my heart rate was too fast, I was disoriented and exhausted and nauseated and he insisted that was all from the pregnancy.  Thank goodness the classmate I had in my math class (I had returned to college to take some additional classes) was a nurse, recognized that what my doctor was doing was extremely dangerous and immediately had me switch to a different doctor who thankfully actually understood what was happening.

Hang in there.  Take time to scream into a pillow or punch a pillow or whatever you need to do to deal with all that rage, then work really, really hard to move on.  Try not to dwell on the past.  You can't change it.  I know it is so aggravating and infuriating but if you can, try to focus on moving forward.  Think about how this may positively impact your life from now on.  

Huge hugs and best wishes.

• Like 2