Menu

Stick with LOE or RLTL

jmjs4

My younger two are currently using LOE Foundations.  After B I am considering if we should continue with C & D, or switch to Reading Lessons through Literature.  The kids like the games in LOE, but I am fine with switching to a program that doesn't have them.  Do you think we would be better off finishing LOE C & D, or switching to RLTL?  If we switched to RLTL we would also use ELTL.

• Like 1

I personally feel that LOE C&D have a very different feel than A&B. There were a lot of activities/exercises that we skipped in level C. And after looking at level D previews, I didn't even want to purchase it. They both feel kind of "public schooly". 

But, I've not come across anyone else that feels that way. And I've gotten plenty of "you're crazy" looks when I've mentioned it, so it might just be me.  :laugh:

We did LOE A,B and probably 3/4 of C before I just burnt out on it. We have moved on to RLTL and it has been a good fit for keeping phonograms fresh in our minds and continuing spelling. Sometimes we use the readers in the back and sometimes we just read from various books I have around the house. If you think your kids can do without all of the games RLTL is an easy, no frills option for continuing on with phonics.

I personally feel that LOE C&D have a very different feel than A&B. There were a lot of activities/exercises that we skipped in level C. And after looking at level D previews, I didn't even want to purchase it. They both feel kind of "public schooly". 

But, I've not come across anyone else that feels that way. And I've gotten plenty of "you're crazy" looks when I've mentioned it, so it might just be me.  :laugh:

This is good to know.  I have already felt that A & B has a public school feel.