Menu

All in one computer recommendations?

Lady Florida.

My laptop is 7 years old, and while it still works fine, I can see it reaching the point where certain software updates won't be supported. I'm running Windows 7 because this particular Dell model has trouble with Windows 10. I figure that's just the start of things not being supported. So, I'm starting to look around. I'm not in a rush because as I said, it still works fine. I just want to be prepared when the time comes to replace it. (probably later this year or early next year).

I went with a laptop more than 10 years ago after I broke my ankle and found out how much easier it was to use dh's laptop was instead of my desktop. Now I have a tablet, so I don't need the portability of a laptop anymore. However, I also don't really have the room anymore for separate tower and was thinking of an all in one, where the hard drive and monitor are one piece. I noticed some are bundled with a keyboard and mouse and for others you need to buy them separately. Either is fine with me. I know I'll want a touchscreen too.

Do you have an all in one? Do you like it? Are there any particular models or brands to stay away from? In the past 20 years I've had mostly HP and Dell computers (though we had a Compaq back in the day). I'm not familiar with some of the newer (to me) brands like Asus or Lenovo. 

I don't know anyone IRL who has an all in one so I thought I'd ask the hive. Would I be better either off either getting another laptop or trying to find room for a full desktop? Or are all in one computers just as good? I know the ability to upgrade is limited, but that's okay. I usually try to buy what I want from the start so I don't need to upgrade.

Oh, and if it matters what I do on a computer, I don't really do much but I do need the ability to run photo editing software. I'm an amateur photographer who has no illusions of going pro, but I do love playing with my photos and my Affinity Photo program (thank you Spycar!). Other than that I just do basic stuff - go online, use office programs like word processing, spreadsheets, etc. Nothing big other than my photo editing.

Thanks.

Edited by Lady Florida.