Menu

Compacting Jacobs Geometry?

Looking ahead dd has a good option for an algebra-based physics class for the year after next. There is a co-requisite of Precalculus rather than Algebra 2. On the surface it doesn't look any different than similar options (Derek Owens, for example). I've got an email into the teacher, but since the class would be 14 months out, I'm curious how do-able it would be to do Jacobs Geometry and the Algebra 2 portion of Foerster Algebra 2 in that time.

Edited by elladarcy

Okay, I guess I'll answer myself. It is possible. If you just go straight through and don't do the Algebra review, it's 125 days, so 25 weeks. Some sections could double up.

A student who worked steady and grasped math easily could do this in a semester if they started a little ahead in the summer. I guess I should read the TE before posting.

Edited by elladarcy

My son spent the first half of this year re-taking Algebra 2, so he is doubling up on geometry and doing 2 lessons a day. We are also assigning the algebra reviews. I think he does just the problems in set 2. (DH is managing it.) So far it has been quite doable. We are using the 2nd edition.

My son spent the first half of this year re-taking Algebra 2, so he is doubling up on geometry and doing 2 lessons a day. We are also assigning the algebra reviews. I think he does just the problems in set 2. (DH is managing it.) So far it has been quite doable. We are using the 2nd edition.

How much time per day does he spend on it? We are considering alternating in some Algebra 2 chapters as we go, so that's the only reason I'm considering skipping the reviews.

Thanks!