Menu

SUPER easy piano music

poppy

I have a digital piano and a half dozen instruction books. - but-  the books go too fast. 
What is a good thick set of music for very very beginner?

We're talking 'write down the finger number because we don't know the notes' yet type sheet music.

I know there are a lot of options but I'm overwhelmed.

This is for me  & my daughter to learn together.
I can read music, I played some reed instruments, on piano I can play the treble clef stuff fine.........but the whole left hand thing, I am clueless.

Thanks for any guidance.

Rather than books, I'd like to recommend Hoffman Academy online piano lessons.  They do sell books to accompany the lessons, but the books don't work well alone. The books are really companions to the video lessons.  My daughters and I have learned piano so quickly with his lessons.  We love them!! We're also premium members and the content is great. 

• Like 3

Faber Piano Adventures has supplementary books that will not instruct you on how to use your left hand; rather, they are good practice for learning to read notes with popular and fun songs.

Another set of supplementary books are from the series Teaching Little Fingers to Play which includes Teaching Little Fingers to Play Disney TunesTeaching Little Fingers to Play Christmas Carols, Teaching Little Fingers to Play Classics, Teaching Little Fingers to Play Hymns, and Teaching Little Fingers to Play American Tunes.

I would also recommend Hoffman Academy. Far better than any books I've seen. We used it free for two years then purchased the premium membership when they revamped the website. The premium isn't necessary at all, but helps with the theory and practice schedule.

Edited by Btervet
  • Like 1